I have been frequently asked about the sequence of phases contained in our Business Mastery diagram. Most begin with the available resources, decide what can be done with them and then take action.
That is a sequence I reject.
Whenever anyone operates in this fashion, they are constrained by their resources.
Common examples of this can be noticed whenever you say or hear:
- We don’t have the money to complete this project.
- I don’t have the time to do this.
- We don’t have enough people available to take on this new business.
- We can’t make a sale because we have not completed the design.
I have discovered and seen extraordinary success time and time again when the sequence is totally flipped. When it is, this is what you will be saying and hearing from others.
- Let’s take on this project and find the money somewhere.
- This is important, what can I take off my list in order to do it?
- We just got some new business and need to get some manpower. Should we hire, outsource or partner with someone to get it delivered?
- Let’s start making sales now. We will find out what our clients want and design the product with those capabilities.
The Business Mastery sequence is:
- Decide what to do.
- Assemble the resources.
- Take action.
The following video is a great illustration of being resourceful.
That was pretty spectacular wasn’t it?
It looks like the Business Mastery System in action. First, assess the situation, Next, decide what to do. Then, assemble your resources. Finally, get the plane on the ground.
The real story is even better than that.
It is an example of the Business Mastery System in action, but it is not as it seems.
The video clip is a fake.
A German company with the killathrill brand of clothing wanted to raise their brand awareness (the decision on what to do). They found a video production company called JOTZ! Film that agreed to make a video with “killathrill” predominately displayed (get the required resources).
They put the video on Youtube several years ago (take the required action) and have over 4,000,000 views so far—a super success by anyone’s standards.
Here is the back story on how it was done:
Going forward, do your best to forget about the resources you have available and instead follow the proven Business Mastery System‘s sequence.
You can find much more on this subject via the category links on the right sidebar.
But, before you look for more, please like, share or post to your favorite social site using the icons below so your friends and associates can enjoy this article.